Basketball is a sport played by two teams of five players on a rectangular court. The objective is to shoot a ball through a hoop 18 inches (46 cm) in diameter and 10 feet (3.048 m) high mounted to a backboard at each end. Basketball is one of the world’s most popular and widely viewed sports.
Here today presents about the correct way to properly shoot a jump shot off the dribble on a basketball court. If, you want to jump shot off the dribble then must be follow seven steps which are given:
7 Steps of Shoot a Jump Shot Off the Dribble
Grab a basketball:
The first step is Grab a basketball. With that stand at the 3-point line on either side of the basketball hoop.
Take one dribble with the correct hand:
Take one dribble with the correct hand while simultaneously taking one step forward with the correct foot.
- If you are on the left side of the court, take one dribble toward the basket with your left hand and take one step forward with your left foot.
- If you are on the right side of the court, take one dribble toward the basket with your right hand and take one step forward with your right foot.
Come to a 1-2 stop while bending your knees:
- In one fluid motion from step 2, use the opposite foot you used in step 2 to begin your stop. We will call this foot 1 and the other foot, foot 2.
- Plant foot 1 in the direction of the basket while picking up your dribble at the same time.
- Next, plant foot 2 a shoulder’s width apart from foot 1, squared up to the basket.